Tuesday 3 January 2012

Why Some Clowns Don't Scare Me

So, my mother decided that yesterday we would all go to a clown show in London! Here's the thing - I'm not the world's biggest fan of clowns. They're funny, but to be quite honest they scare me. I think it's all the weird makeup doesn't exactly help.
Sooo, back to Slava's SnowShow. I didn't expect it to be quite so.....wacky! I think it's the only word I can honestly use in this situation. Slava turned out to be a Russian clown who turned down a job in Leningrad to pursue what being a true clown meant.
Actually, I think he made the right choice. Slava is not your typical clown. When the stage lights up, you see a clown about to hang himself. It's all very tragic, right up until he finds the end of the rope - and attached to the other end is another, tall, green clown! As you might expect, comedy ensues, with the end of the first act having a "spidery" surprise. The interval is just as fun, but trust me - this is a show you may want to bring a waterproof to :)
I'll be posting some pictures of the end of the show (best bit!) and if you scroll down and click on the thingymajig below, it will hopefully take you to one of his best known sketches :)
Enjoy!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZga4nbatPc

No comments:

Post a Comment