Sunday 29 January 2012

The Day I Died...or turned into a vampire, your choice...

Had a very interesting day today. My friend is doing a photography course at school, and asked me to be a model. I was flattered - I'm not exactly the model type - until I found out that she needed someone who was pale enough to be made up as a vampire. Yes, I am pale - no, I'm not ginger.

Sorry, just a little bit of dry humour. My bad.

But yeah, I thought that this would be a suitable introduction for today's topic - the difference between Twilight and vampires. And yes, you did just read that correctly.
Twilight is all about sparkly, immortal, good-looking teenagers who don't drink human blood - apart from the sparkly bit, isn't that every person's dream? It used to be mine, I won't deny it - and then I read Dracula. The Bram Stoker book? About the vampire Dracula who does actually drink human blood?
Twilight vampires have superpowers - they can read minds, see the future - all good stuff. Dracula can use moonlight to transport himself, and can turn into a large spider-like thing (I think!) to climb up the sides of castles and other buildings. Forgive me, but that sounds way better than saying "I'm a vegetarian and I sparkle!" Yeah, you might be able to live forever, but Dracula was way scarier - and isn't that what horror stories are all about?

I'm not saying that the whole Twilight story isn't good - it is! But some people do tend to take it a tad too far. Take "Twihards", for example. They get so obsessive that they actually start biting people to prove their love (sometimes for eachother) for Twilight. Erm, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Twilight vampires are vegatarian, so hsouldn't you really be biting animals? Bet you don't feel so good about yourself now, do ya! HA!

But seriously, I have no qualms with Twilight - all I'm going to say is that you should really read Dracula before you decided what you think a true vampire is, yes?
Sorry for the short post today, I have quite a lot of stuff to do (HINT: some of which is for this interweb site!) but have yourself a very lovely 2012.
BYE-BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment