Wednesday 4 January 2012

Is Charlie Really That CoolLike? Yes, Yes He Is.

Charlie McDonnell is a video blogger who lives in London. He is 21 years old and didn't go to university because his YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/charlie - is so freaking popular! He has had over 200 million views and his most famous video, "Duet With Myself" (which I can also play on the ukulele), has nearly 7 million views all by itself.
I actually had the good luck to meet Charlie himself. I was in London on work experience when I walked right past him, stopped, did a double take, and finally went up and said, "Aren't you Charlie McDonnell?" Best few minutes of my life, to be quite honest :) I even got a badge!
Sorry for the bad quality, my camera decided it didn't want to focus. It says "I FOUND CHARLIE"

A lot of people give him grief, not just because he's known to some as the strange boy on YouTube who makes crazy videos of him doing weird stuff, like eating fish fingers and custard - a tribute to Doctor Who - but also because he sometimes seems just too nice, which apparently qualifies him as a homosexual. Please, just back off! Charlie is a nice lad who make videos and is quite modest about it, he has fun making videos and enjoys being a normal person - well, as normal as one can get being the most subscribed user in the UK, 30th in the WORLD!
By that I mean that he has over 1 million subscribers, which is pretty freaking cool. So if you haven't watched his videos, watch them. WATCH THEM NOW!

But, have you heard of his housemate, Alex? Also known as Nerimon, this guy makes freakin' incredible music! His latest single, "Forever Yours", was in the Top 5 for the Christmas line up, making him the most successful unsigned musician in the UK, and quite frankly, I love it. Alex and Charlie are really quite alike - however, whist Charlie claims to be "family friendly", Alex says what he wants, when he wants, and that is okay by me. Plus, the fact that he is also from Essex earns my eternal respect. Who says Essex people can't amount to anything?!

8 comments:

  1. Erm, so I kind of made a mistake in this post....he's 30th in the world. But you know, out of EVERYONE, he's 30th most watched YouTuber in.the.WORLD. Including USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. zombiesarepeopletoo16 February 2012 at 16:36

    OMG love him so much!! please do an interview, pretty please?! aaah and nerimon!
    <3 Youtube! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES ZOMBIES! pleeeeese do an interview, would be the most AMAZING!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. interviewinterviewinterview <3 CHARLIE AND ALEX!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous of the fact you met Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Haha I have too! I went to his CD signing coz I'm cool and British :D i take it you are too?

      Delete
  7. what happened to doing an interview, ScotsGirl? I'm all sad now :'(

    ReplyDelete