Tuesday 24 January 2012

Who You Gonna Call?

GhostBusters, hopefully.
My friend gave me the idea for this post, so kudos to her. Thanks AC ;)! She said to talk about the supernatural - spooky, I know.
There are thousands of stories about ghosts from all over the world - most ghost haunting's are actually reported right here in good old UK! We've heard all manner of haunting's - the ghostly teachers that killed themselves because the students drove them to it - I'm sure we've all had teachers who've been like that! Or ghostly kings and queens who haunt the place they were executed, stuff like that. Nevertheless, I think it is important to remember that ghosts don't actually exist. Sure there might be an afterlife, but I find it extraordinary that people would choose to "linger" and watch the damage that is being done to the world.
However, this realistic opinion of mine doesn't mean that I don't find the whole concept fascinating. For one thing, it would prove that there is actually an afterlife - they would have consciously made the choice to stay behind. It's what I call the "Harry Potter Theory" - Dumbledore states, in the 7th book, that Harry can either go back...or "go on." However, not all ghosts are so friendly. Numerous films, such as the Paranormal Activity 1, 2 & 3 depict supernatural spirits which terrorize the general populace, causing panic, fear and suspicion wherever they tread.
This links me on to the topic of immortality. Medical science is making advances all the time, but would we actually want to live forever? We would never grow old. We would be stuck on this planet, watching its destruction, with no ability to avoid the repercussions. This is just my opinion, but maybe we're better off living our incredibly short lives.
Actually, this little chat about immortalisation brings me to a piece of good news for you - a sneak preview of my book! I won't release the whole thing on here, but over time I shall slowly release parts of Chapter 1, read  your comments on it and see what happens. I'm currently looking for agents at the moment so fingers crossed!
Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment